Saturday, July 21, 2012

7 21  This is a journal recounting my efforts to deal with Restless Leg Syndrome,  RLS.  I am 67 years old, have been a type 1 diabetic since the age of 23, and am in remarkably good health.  Chief sign of the diabetes in my body is that I have some peripheral neuropathy.  For two months now I have followed a diet of grains, fruits and vegetables.  I "juice" often, and drink daily a liter or more of fresh produce, heavy in greens.  I have been able to dispense with medication for hypertension and high cholesterol.  However, for the RLS, if I follow the  Rx, I take two medications, Gabapentin and Ropinerol, at six hour intervals, a total of 3000 mg each.  In other words, I am taking 6000 mg daily of medication.  It is self evident to me why this is unacceptable.  If it isn't to you, you probably don't want to follow this blog.


Important information about what I am now doing can be found in the last few days of my diet blot, treefrogdon.blogspot.com.  I don't want to repeat that info here.

Today I am going to continue the practice of not taking the RLS medication for as long as possible and to try to "be with" the "demon" when it does appear.  From now on I am going to own the term and I will not put demon in quotation marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment