Tuesday, July 24, 2012

7 24 I have reflected more on my attendant, man servant, sidekick, the Buffoon.  Dan was an arch-Buffoon, whose millions gave him near unbridled liberty with his buffoonery.  He certainly wrecked     buffoonistic havoc in the little village of Kardamyli at the foot of the mountain.  Although the women of the village, most of them long suffering wives, saw through him and were more skeptical.  It was doubtless why I liked him so much.  And my words don't detract from my attachment to him.
My  eight years of tenure track at Cornell were in a sense my ticket to Buffoonery.



Some of the Batman figures come close to what I am attempting to delineate: the Joker and his cruelty, the Riddler with his arrogance, and the Penguin with his deceptive affability.  I'll have to see whether I can buy some action figures on line and put them on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment